Fans Ride Free to the Apple Cup
Husky and Cougar fans have one less thing to worry about: beat the traffic and take Sound Transit Link Light Rail to the Boeing Apple Cup. Fare to and from the game is on us - all you need is a game-day ticket.
Ride Free Details
Don't miss kickoff at 1pm at Husky Stadium! Enjoy free game-day travel on Sound Transit Link Light Rail courtesy of BECU from 10 am on Friday, Nov. 29, until 1 am Saturday, Nov. 30.
Free travel details:
- Game tickets, digital or physical, mobile or printed will be valid to ride Link Light Rail
- Ticket-holding fans need only show their Boeing Apple Cup ticket on board the train if asked by a fare officer to present their ORCA card or Link ticket.
- Good through the hours of Nov. 29, 10 am – Nov. 30, 1 am. Fans must retain their ticket for the return trip.
- Park free at the Angle Lake or Tukwila International Blvd. stations or board Link from one of the many stations along the route from SeaTac to the University of Washington. Paid parking may be available in close proximity to other light rail stations.
- Not available on the Sounder, Metro, or Ferry
- No need to use your ORCA card
These trains are hard to miss: BECU, proud sponsor of both University of Washington and Washington State University, is promoting fan safety by offering a free ride to ticket-holders to the game. We're also decorating entire Sound Transit Light Rail trains in honor of the 2019 Boeing Apple Cup. The only choice: which side will you select, purple or crimson?
On the Ticket Program Date, in exchange for the Ticket Fees, Sound Transit will accept a Boeing Apple Cup Game Ticket, in either electronic or paper form, as acceptable proof of payment for passengers riding Link Light Rail. Sound Transit will honor Boeing Apple Cup Game Tickets as Link Light Rail fare beginning three hours prior to the scheduled start of the Boeing Apple Cup, and until the end of Sound Transit's transit day, such that Boeing Apple Cup Game Ticket holders may utilize Link Light Rail on a round-trip basis to and from the game. Persons must maintain their Boeing Apple Cup Game Ticket on their person when riding Link Light Rail and must show such game ticket to a fare inspector upon request. Failure to show a valid Boeing Apple Cup Game Ticket may result in fines to the rider; BECU shall not be responsible for any such rider fines. If you have already purchased transit fare, BECU shall not be responsible for refunding the cost.